Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: High bids for blue clone ... why????

I bought the same blue machine for $25 a a yard sale and just love it the way it sews.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
    Polyparrot - if my Morse Fotomatic IV is like the one you passed up, and Mars is anywhere near California, I might be enticed to make a deal with you.
    THAT'S THE ONE!!!! Isn't that one of the prettiest machines you've ever seen? Oh, how I wish I hadn't been so dumb!

:::sobs loudly into towel:::::

I was stationed at NAS Lemoore in the early 80's, but I'm in Texas, now, so unfortunately, it's not pick-up-able. (still sniffling) But thank you for the kind posting. Darn, I love that machine. Please tell me that she doesn't sew worth beans or that she's temperamental or something.

Interesting. My brother was stationed in Lemoore for maybe 6 or 7 years. I drive past Hanford taking my daughter to and from Cal Poly.

I can't see how it is worth that much, but if it is what they want . . .

Check out on here!! I've ordered a foot controller from here for my sewing machine before. They have awesome customer service & great products.

http://shop.sew-classic.com/Lights-Bulbs_c11.htm
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

I wish you guys across the water would stop posting these! Here, that would be a screaming bargain, especially in such good condition and with accessories. I actually looked to see if they would ship overseas.....fortunately they don't....Husband getting a bit antsy about machines, fabrics and various quilting stuff oozing out into other rooms. Mind you I'm safe for a while, he just bought in a huge pile of art supplies for himself

Quote Originally Posted by path49 View Post
    I agree 100%! I NEVER bid early on anything...it just drives the price up. I don't use a sniping service but I only bid once...the highest price I'd go in the last minute (preferably last few seconds) of the auction.
    I'm on the other side of this one. If I see something that I decide I want I figure out my high bid and place it. Then I walk away. No regrets - if I win it I paid what I deemed a reasonable price, if I don't then some one else wanted it more than I did. I don't think of it as a contest to see how low a price I can pay, just a way to pick up things at a reasonable price.

i just bought one last weekend just like that . it is a royal deluxe japan.. for 15.00 .. no light on it but i will find one and also a new belt i need to look for as well.... other then that it sews beauitifully...

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I got a similar one absolutely free. Picked it up from in front of a dumpster at a Goodwill store.

Old sewing machine - Revere Deluxe Precision Sewing Machine - FREE!!

It is a beaut and sews like a dream!

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Well, I was outbid again. This makes four I've been outbid on. I was bidding on a nice SEWMOR 202 in purty metallic blue in a nice case
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=11321235 .
    At the last 10 minutes we were out bid. Then we bid again running up 20.00, then before my wife could get in another bid, (we're on dial up) two others snipped the auction in the last seconds running it up to $52.00. Not a terribly bad price, but more than we can afford right now.

I think I'm gonna

Joe
    The metallic blue looks like it was in super condition. I'm sure another one will come along for you!! KOKO ( keep on keeping on)...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast