Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: How do I expidite a decision ??????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Miriam,

Did that MW come from GW? I look at all the clones even if I'm not interested in them. I remember seeing a MW clone within the last couple months that was interesting but not enough to go for.

Joe
    Joe that machine was pathetic looking in the ad - I figured I would try for it - the motor wiring was shot and the case broken up but I really like the machine. Mostly cleaned up real nice - kind of an ugly spot on the surface though.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Miriam,

Those are the ones I really like to get. I can fix 'em up and make 'em run nice again. Zoom zoom.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe - this one was a thrill - It has cute decals, the finish cleaned up nice, the little clovers are so cute and it turns like it was meant to sew. I need to adjust the tension then I think it will be good. We put a different motor on it.

Joe I have a box of old motors for you to fool with.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I am going to re-home a Janome, a Rotary, and a Singer 603E with all the accessories.

I will be keeping the machines in my signature.
    Six Elna Lotus/Stella sm [kid's sewing classes]
    Elna 33C SP sm, Pfaff 1473 CD sm, Viking 6030 sm, Singer Sphinx 127 sm, Singer Lotus 127 sm, Bernina 830 Record, Nelco J A-38 sm, Necchi Lelia 515 sm
    http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandgardens.blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Joe - this one was a thrill - It has cute decals, the finish cleaned up nice, the little clovers are so cute and it turns like it was meant to sew. I need to adjust the tension then I think it will be good. We put a different motor on it.

Joe I have a box of old motors for you to fool with.
    I'll take the box of motors. I do like to mess with them.

Tensions are one of my big problems. Sometimes the machines just fall into place and they sew anything, with any thread like nobodies business. Other times I have to fiddle with the tension as I sew with them to get them right. Eventually I do then they work good. I got a couple like that I'm fiddling with right now.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe, sometimes the only thing you can do with a tension is take it apart, clean it and put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Joe, sometimes the only thing you can do with a tension is take it apart, clean it and put it back together.
    Yep, and after that sometimes they still require tinkering before they decide to cooperate.

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3