Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you focus your "I'm a collector" magnetism to certain machines?

I take them, oil them up, and gift them to youngsters.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

I love it Steve!
    I'm interested in machines that have something unique or quirky about them - but they have to work well, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    For me I'm pretty loose as far as criteria goes. If the machine adds something to our sewing machines or does something others don't do, or it interests me, or makes me curious, I'll go for it. ... one of the best sewing machines I have. Runs quiet, smooth, makes good stitches and isn't finicky at all.
    I think my collecting style is just like yours Joe! I'd love to know what other machines you have in your collection.

Sometimes we do things out of desperation. You can just tell her that you don't collect that brand and are running out of room anyways!

If I like it, I need it! I love vintage Singers and have them ranging from 1907 to 1951. I also love the mid century colored machines. It just depends on what strikes my fancy on any given day.

I must admit I am a sucker for all of them!

Sometimes when I see a machine I just have to have it. That's all there is to it. My Elvis (Avi) took my breathe away. It was like I was looking at a car.
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    I'd rate it as the equal of many Singers, and better than many others of it's time. I thought these were made by White as they use the same bobbin as many White machines do. Joe
    Funny, Cathy (Mizkaki) said the same as to the quality of these machines. I have not sewn with it. The feet do look "white-ish"

Yeah, I need to find this one a new home soon.

Steve,

IF:

A; I didn't have so many I can't walk through the house already
    B; I'm 2,000 miles away
    C; My spouse would clonk me in the noggin
    D; I didn't already have one ( what's that got to do with anything ... right )

I'd take it off your hands. If only for the box of attachments. My machine don't have any.

Joe

Steve,

I forgot to add; thread that machine up and try it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how nice it sews.

frudemoo,

I've got Singers from the early 19-teens up to around 91 or so, but mostly in the mid 1900s. A couple New Homes, several Kenmores of various designs, and many Japanese machines.
    There is treadles, cabinet electrics, portable electrics, and one poor hand crank 99K that doesn't have a home.

Too many to list individually.

Joe

Joe, If nobody else shows interest I would gladly ship you the attachments box.

A. sounds like a "space utilization" issue not a "too many machines issue" hehe (are you sure we need a kitchen....??)
    B. "2000 Miles" is no excuse... I am shipping and receiving whole treadle units these days....
    C. Ok, this one is good.
    D. as you pointed out, irrelevant! hehe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast