Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How Old is it?

How Old is it?

Hi everyone. New to the forum and had a question I was hoping someone could answer. I came across a beautiful machine recently and I am trying to date it. It is a Koyo 1000, in it's Red case with everything that came with it, including the book. I had a friend tell me it looked like late 50's early 60's and the case may bear that out. The thing is, I can't find anything on this unit anywhere on the Internet. Does anyone know about this unit or it's origin besides Japan? Thanks

Post a couple of pics and im sure someone will know something about it. If its made in Japan it may be a singer 15 clone as there are tons of different ones floating about.

Thanks for the reply. Here are some pictures of the unit. Maybe that will help
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Looks newer than 50s to me but thats mainly because i never see earlier machines with the removable flat bed. Love the little red case it comes in. Is there a copyright date in the manual?

Nice little machine! How does it sew. I agree, looks like 60ies to me.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    Looks newer than 50s to me but thats mainly because i never see earlier machines with the removable flat bed. Love the little red case it comes in. Is there a copyright date in the manual?
    The manual has no dating at all but is complete in it's intruction on the machine. I had a friend who knows more about them test is and it runs well.

I don't have any info, it is a beautiful machine and looks new, from what I can see.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I gave away a 1978 Singer that had the same configuation as this machine, so I'll go with 70s.

I agree with Irishrose. It has a very similar body style to a Brother free arm that my husband bought me for our first anniversary in 1979. The bed table even looks the same.

Pat

Thanks for all the replies. I had a friend take it out and give it a rundown. he said it is in really great shape and runs well. We'll see. Thanks again.