Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to package a F.W. machine for shipping?

remove spool pin... foot...push down bobbin winder..wrap fold up bed before folding up..wrap entire machine in bubble wrap..put in case and pack it tight with bubble..wrap all cords and foot pedal seperate..remove light bulb..wrap outter black case with bubble and put that in a box..then put that in another box..so its double boxed..and tight with bubble...goos luck-
    Diana Swihart-MI

Blog Entries
    When I had to ship my Viking back to the seller for servicing I took it to the UPS store and had them to package it. It cost me $25 but then it was guaranteed if something happened during shipping. The seller paid for the shipping and it was shipped thru UPS since they packed it.
    Judy

Thank all of you so much for your help! I'm bought the machine from a retired nurse in Oregon. My sister who lives in Portland will be shipping it to me. I can count on her to follow the directions. Tons and tons of bubble wrap, padding, and a double box with more padding.
    I will let you know how she does. . . . . please keep your fingers crossed.
    Want to see her picture? and yes, she looks that GOOD!!!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/art/3570680779.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Grama Lehr; 01-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Beautiful FW. She'll arrive in great shape with above packing and care.

Jon

Haha....I thought you were asking if we wanted to see your sister...lol

Your FW is so pretty.

Lovely machine, lucky you. I hope to get one some day but right now all our money is going to CA treartment for my husband. Co-pays the last month have been bad and it is only going to get worse as we are just getting started. Let us know how it arrives and I am sure your sister will do a great job packing it. Enjoy!!

The most important thing to me is that the foot controller NOT be placed on the machine's bed. It will scratch it and the rest is obvious. Double box, bubble it to death, and restrict movement to a minimum. Good luck. ..PS...have it insured.

oh i saw that ad on Craigslist! glad it's going to a good home - it looks like such a beauty and you got a great price! that's about what i spent for mine and it was from the east side of Portland, but ones like this typically go for about $500 there. great find. enjoy it!

Reimburse the shipper for taking it to a UPS store and having them pack it. If it arrives damaged it is their baby and they have to make it right. I got one machine dumped in a box with a bunch of styrofoam peanuts and it was badly damaged. Otherwise make sure it is in a sturdy sewing machine case and then carefully padded with lots of bubble wrap and tightly wadded paper. It's a crap shoot when you get a shipped machine. It should be marked FRAGILE on every side, top and bottom too. Believe me the post office and/or shipping company shows them no mercy!

Does anyone else remember when a forum member bought a FW from ebay and the seller slapped the address label right on the FW's carrying case and sent it on it's way :0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast