Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
How to remove cords from machine cabinet >

How to remove cords from machine cabinet

How to remove cords from machine cabinet

Old 09-23-2016, 07:43 AM

Default How to remove cords from machine cabinet

I have a 201-2 in a 65 cabinet (in the garage), which I was planning on moving into a small cabinet in my very limited space sewing area. I got it loose and was very happy with the progress until I figured out that I could not remove the wires and pedal from the black thing (the space filler on the right of the hole for the machine, that the cords go through to go under the machine) without cutting them or un-wiring them. The hole is too small. (Sorry, I didn't stop to take a photo.)

Surely, there is an easier way. (The 503 was easier to get to, so I took that. Now, I'm figuring it out. I'd rather have the 201, though.)

bkay
Old 09-23-2016, 09:48 AM

There are some stupidly designed cases that force an owner to unwire a machine to take the head out. One must wonder how many machines did not get serviced because taking a cabinet and machine is do difficult. My 185 Singer had that problem. Pics could be helpful. stapeling the cords to a cabinet is a another hair brained idea.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Banned

It's really very simple. Remove the cords from behind the three prong connector on your machine. There's a screw right at the top of this. Remove it and it should come apart. You will see three connectors. Unscrew the connectors and use masking tape labels on the wires so you remember which wires go to which pin. Then the wires should pull through that filler plate with no other problems.

Cari