Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to remove the Singer 301 motor?

Quote Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
    somehow I suspected a sledge hammer would be involved!!
    Not so far. After cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning I have been successful removing the excess oil and grease. However, until I get these cords remade, I won't know if I have ruined it or not. I still haven't quite figured out how to re-do the connections in the main power cord.
    Christy

Blog Entries
    Did you mark the wires when you pulled them?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Yes. I marked the lamp vs. motor and all. I didn't mark things like the right or left side of cord ends but those are interchangeable right?
    Christy

Yes! We are up and running! I got the cords done and tested it out and it's looking good!

I am not sure why I keep getting these machines that have cords and terminals saturated in oil and grease but, I seem to have found a system that works and thank goodness the parts were salvageable. Now to shine her up real purdy and put some thread in the needle. Happy dance!
    Christy

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
    Yes. I marked the lamp vs. motor and all. I didn't mark things like the right or left side of cord ends but those are interchangeable right?
    Basically yes, if you're experiencing problems, then the problems are there. regardless.
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

Blog Entries
    Be glad you have cords and wiring. The machines I got from the Amish guy have severed cords. They have a plug to the machine and a 1 inch tail. Some don't have mates on line as far as I can tell. The more rare the cord the more likely someone severed it... He may not have done it - they may have been that way when he got them who knows.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2