Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I am thinking of getting a used Kenmore 8 stitch...what is is worth??

I am thinking of getting a used Kenmore 8 stitch...what is is worth??

Dear friends, I am thinking of getting a Kenmore 8 stitch machine. I do not know what to offer for it. There was no price given. Any ideas here? It has been sitting in a closet and was not abused. I looked at it and will have to try it before I take it, but I need a starting point on the price. Thanks for your advice. I think it is model 13453.

Blog Entries
    Try $50 maybe?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    My Kenmore is a 13571, not far from the one you are considering. I think that series was made by Jaguar, and it is a great machine. A regular workhorse that will sew just about anything you want to throw at it. Where have you seen this machine? Is it Craigslist? Garage Sale? Have you satisfied yourself that it actually works? I doubt I'd take $50 for mine, but perhaps the seller isn't as attached to it as I am to mine.
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

I sold a similar model with case and all accessories for $40 a couple of years ago. It was a great machine, but I already had too many!

Pat