I found more room!

Old 02-15-2014, 04:32 PM

Default I found more room!

Last weekend I decided I wanted to raise up my quilt frame. Today while looking around I realized there was now room for a double row of machines under there.

That gave me more room upstairs, so I moved the 500 in the cabinet upstairs, which gave me more room in my "Sewing machine room"

Gonna build another wall shelf that will hold six more machines !

Ok, so I already have four on the floor in that room and two more treadle heads upstairs . . .

I've also re-arranged stuff and got a pile to take to donate - and that gave me more room to put my attachment collection in my Sewing Machine room. Which is good because I've got a bit of a mess in my sewing room. . .

Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM

Good job in rearranging to make room for your sewing machines. Got room for more??
Old 02-15-2014, 04:55 PM

That is some display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Which Bernina do you have in that red case? I'm going to guess an 830? I'm running out of room too:< That's why I try to steer clear of cabinet machines.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 PM

The case is empty, as are about three others under there. The Bernina 830 Record sits up on top of the cabinet my husband has his 403 in. I'd love to get a 730 Record to go with it, but it will have to be a really sweet deal for me to justify it. I've got 10 treadle cabinets and 17 electric cabinet in the house, and I've got one more I'm still after. I've got three treadle cabinets in the shed, and 4-5 small cabinets for electric machines.

Quite a few of the machines under my quilt frame will eventually be re-homed. Hopefully we'll have new homes for two in a few weeks when we take them for my nieces. We're hoping my brother will be willing to buy each their own, instead of asking them to share. We are bringing them the Brother, Singer 328 and Singer 301 to choose from.

At this point, I think I've got enough machines and cabinets to keep DH and I busy enough for the rest of our lives. Sort of like my fabric stash- I also think I've got enough that I may not live long enough to get through it all LOL!!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 PM

Don't you just LUV epiphanies? Your place would make any vintage machine store jealous. And by the way I love the owl picture!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:01 AM

Great pictures. I was just wondering how many machines you might have. I have 41 and I thought that I have plenty but looks like you have many, many more.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:55 AM

W O W !! and very curious here...how many machines do you have? And what kind of machine is in the red case?
Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 AM

Great collection Macybaby and it's great your husband likes them too. I really like the shelf with the machines on it in the yellow room. It's a nice way to display your machines.
Those pictures are what my wife is afraid will happen here. She's actually quite supportive of the hobby because my daughter likes it too and it keeps us quiet. Even so I'm careful not to have all the machines in the same place at the same time.
Rodney
Old 02-17-2014, 03:56 PM

Love your collection! I purchased an industrial rolling shelf so that I could store my machines upward! Now if I only had room for a few more I'd be in great shape!