Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I found a Treadle!!!!!

Blog Entries

I found a Treadle!!!!!

OK, I finally found me a Treadle that works, lol...the Decals aren't too good because who ever cleaned Her up did not know what they were doing. They clear coated the machine too. I had a time cleaning off the gummed up mess they made on some of the parts but She works great. I am learning to treadle, lol.....man it has been a long time but I love it. I'm in Hog Heaven as us Arkies say, lol. I am attaching a Pic of Her. Her name is Bell Starr. Model 121, issued in 1908. I think I have this right. I just wish I could find a spoked wheel for my Red Eye now. Then I could think about putting Her back to treadle. Well here She is, if I have any info wrong here please correct me, Joy
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
    OK, I finally found me a Treadle that works, lol...the Decals aren't too good because who ever cleaned Her up did not know what they were doing. They clear coated the machine too. I had a time cleaning off the gummed up mess they made on some of the parts but She works great. I am learning to treadle, lol.....man it has been a long time but I love it. I'm in Hog Heaven as us Arkies say, lol. I am attaching a Pic of Her. Her name is Bell Starr. Model 121, issued in 1908. I think I have this right. I just wish I could find a spoked wheel for my Red Eye now. Then I could think about putting Her back to treadle. Well here She is, if I have any info wrong here please correct me, Joy
    OK, I messed up, I think this is a 127 not a 121. I was thinking and I should never do that, lol.....Charlee help or anyone else out there who knows for sure if this is a 127 or a 27. I found two different things, one said 127 the other said 27.?
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Looks good except too bad they removed the decals. I have one upstairs that still works. I could use a new cord around the wheel but it is okay. This is the kind of machine I learned to sew on.
    Fran
    http://franciesboutique.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frarose View Post
    Looks good except too bad they removed the decals. I have one upstairs that still works. I could use a new cord around the wheel but it is okay. This is the kind of machine I learned to sew on.
    looks like someone scrapped the decals off???? weird, maybe was going to paint???
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    Too bad they used some harsh cleaner and took the decals right off. I think it's a 127, but not sure myself! That straight leg treadle it's in is also not the original, as it's got those thinner metal legs and looks exactly like my 1950's straight leg treadle. No problem...it works and we mix the machines and bases all the time, just to get them working! You did good!!

Blog Entries
    Nice! Singer 27 the bobbin winder is located low, Singer 127 bobbin winder is located high. Singer 127 has a shutter ejector while the 27 doesn't.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Model_27_and_127

You have a straight-leg treadle for added info.

And you should be able to treadle your Redeye without a spoke wheel. I treadle a Singer 201 that doesn't have a spoke wheel.

Congratulations to your newest family member. What a super find. I have rescued 7 Singer machines, both Featherweights and Treadle. They are so wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Joy, you have a nice girl there, and you SHOULD be in "hog heaven"!!
    Monica already gave you the info for her, so I won't repeat it, and she's also right in that you don't need a spoked wheel to treadle...you'd need one to fit a handcrank if that's what you wanted to do.

Have fun!!!!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Her wood is gorgeous, too bad they ruined her decals. Congrats!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks to you all, I guess I have a Model 27, lol.....I am learning I think, lol...every time I think I have sure enough I don't. What ever She is I love Her, It sews wonderful. Thanks again for all your help, Joy
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast