Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I got to see pictures of my White Treadle! >

I got to see pictures of my White Treadle!

I got to see pictures of my White Treadle!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:09 PM

Default I got to see pictures of my White Treadle!

I can't wait to get this one home. Since it's a freebie, I'll have to be patient. It is a coffin-top and it looks to be in very good condition. The pictures were not well made, so it's hard to tell very much. This machine has been stored in a farm house (not a leaky one, thank God) but the cabinet appears to be in pretty decent shape -- I still can't tell exactly what kind of cabinet it is, but there is a coffin top. The farm (pasture land) is leased out so the people who are giving it to me can only get access when the lessees are working their cattle. So, I'll have to wait. The pictures were snapped with the guy's cell phone and are not very good. I am excited and anxious to get it home!

Jeanette
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Congrats! It's always exciting to get (or almost-I'm this close to getting it) a new machine. I like the looks of the old White treadle machines and hope to own one one day. Who am I kidding? There's very few old machines I don't like.Pics when it's finally yours please?
Rodney
Old 03-13-2014, 04:54 AM

Absolutely! I will get some better pictures. I'm really hoping this one will clean up in excellent condition!

Jeanette
Old 03-13-2014, 05:49 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures too - there are some very early Whites that have an arched arm instead of the straight arm (like "normal") I'd love to find one like that. I really like the looks of the older White machines.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Banned

the White Model A looks like this...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466974[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-02-07-22.05.17_sm.jpg