Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have a lead on a Rocketeer...!

I have a lead on a Rocketeer...!

I've always thought that the Rocketeers were the coolest-looking machines and now I might have a chance to own one! I love Craigslist sometimes - it's how I found the estate sale with my Featherweight and now this pretty baby.

I keep bringing my FW to the office and then have to take her back home all the time whenever I want to sew at a friend's house. My Janome certainly isn't leaving the house except under special circumstances! So I've kind of wanted a machine I could leave at work, freeing up the FW for all the trips I make with her. And the only machine I really want right now is a gorgeous Singer 500A of my very own.

The seller lives about an hour and a half away, which I expected, and we're chatting via email. The machine belonged to her mother and comes with a few accessories, as well as a sewn cover that her mother made for the machine. It was her go-to workhorse for many years and she wanted it to go to a home where it would be used and loved. Needs a little bit of servicing, but nothing major.

Fingers crossed?

(The top piece is missing in the picture, but the machine does have it - she'd just misplaced it at the time and found it again later.)

Name:  5G35Fe5Hf3G83N53H7c6k2b99792c9d2c1d48.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  28.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Good luck Jennalyn!! I love mine...they're fun machines! Will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Hope you get this fantastic looking machine!

It looks great, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Good luck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Oh, you lucky dog. I hope you get that machine. I love Rocketeers. I have it on my "to get" list.

I just was gifted a Singer Spartan this morning by a co-worker. She told me months ago that she had a machine in her closet, so today she brought it with her to work and asked me if I wanted it. It's free, of course I want it.

Rocketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Jennalyn View Post
    I've always thought that the Rocketeers were the coolest-looking machines and now I might have a chance to own one! I love Craigslist sometimes - it's how I found the estate sale with my Featherweight and now this pretty baby.

I keep bringing my FW to the office and then have to take her back home all the time whenever I want to sew at a friend's house. My Janome certainly isn't leaving the house except under special circumstances! So I've kind of wanted a machine I could leave at work, freeing up the FW for all the trips I make with her. And the only machine I really want right now is a gorgeous Singer 500A of my very own.

The seller lives about an hour and a half away, which I expected, and we're chatting via email. The machine belonged to her mother and comes with a few accessories, as well as a sewn cover that her mother made for the machine. It was her go-to workhorse for many years and she wanted it to go to a home where it would be used and loved. Needs a little bit of servicing, but nothing major.

Fingers crossed?

(The top piece is missing in the picture, but the machine does have it - she'd just misplaced it at the time and found it again later.)

Name:  5G35Fe5Hf3G83N53H7c6k2b99792c9d2c1d48.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  28.7 KB
    You will love this machine. I have one and it sews so nice. It has a belt with metal clets in it and is really built to last. I am so happy for you. Good luck and enjoy. Smiles!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I think I get her tomorrow!!! The seller's husband is planning on a trip over the bridge that leads right past our house tomorrow morning, so she's going to try and arrange for him to meet with me in a local shopping area for an exchange.

Of course, this is the week before payday and I now have an unexpected vet trip to make tomorrow afternoon, but still! Worth it.

Blog Entries
    There is no belt of any sort on those Singer 500s. Even if you don't have the top plate it will work just fine. It might even be a good idea to take the top plate off for safe keeping. There are certain places on those machines that gum up with oil. They will need a good cleaning.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    So, did you get her?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    So, did you get her?
    Yes indeed I did! I was out of the area yesterday, but Mom went and picked her up locally as the seller's husband was driving through the island and had the machine in tow. I'll be giving her a good looking-over tonight, since I got home too late last night.

She's absolutely lovely...!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast