I know Its A Long Shot

Old 10-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Default I know Its A Long Shot

I know its a long shot but maybe someone will have one of the hinges I need. I have had this adorable little pine green girl out in the garage for months and since all I have left to do in our bathroom remodel is grout the floor tomorrow ( that bathroom remodel is whole nother story!! ) I went out to the garage and brought her in for my next sewing machine make over.

I am anxious to clean her up and see how she sews as I have heard very good things about this model.
Her table is really cute too. I think I want to keep her in the "herd", but I won't know until we sew together...

I have not seen hinge pins like hers before as they are rather large and impressive. Huge in fact for such a tiny machine and small table. I haven't cleaned her up yet so she is still very grimy.

I only need one. Hopefully someone has one? Here are the pictures. I will use the macro function to show the details.

Thank you
Have a great day .
Attached Thumbnails white-77-001.jpg   white-77-002.jpg   white-77-003.jpg   white-77-008.jpg   white-77-sewing-machine-001.jpg  

white-77-sewing-machine-002.jpg   white-77-sewing-machine-004.jpg   white-77-sewing-machine-005.jpg  
Old 10-03-2014, 05:59 PM

Can't help you with the hinge, but just wanted to say this one could grow on you! Yours is not as old as mine as my serial # starts with a 5 and has one less digit.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Can't help you with the hinge, but just wanted to say this one could grow on you! Yours is not as old as mine as my serial # starts with a 5 and has one less digit.
Yep, I hear ya. Shes pretty darn cute! I am pretty excited to get her up and running. What kind of sewing are you using yours for?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 PM

I had the 77MG (magnesium body) version and gave it to a good friend. It's a good solid machine. I think you'll like yours.
I haven't seen a hinge pin like yours before but I like it. You should be able to find one. Those machines were badged as White and Domestic and are pretty common. You might be able to substitute a different hinge by using a flathead machine screw and nut to hold it down until you find the right one.
I'll look, I may have an extra with one screw hole if you want it.
Rodney
Old 10-03-2014, 07:24 PM

Thank you Rodney, I will contact you if I can't locate an original. I hoped she was an MG but she weighs in like an anvil!!!! LOL
Old 10-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Ah, the White 77. I've always wanted one but other machines elbowed themselves into my life. Yours is in very good condition, too. This is one crinkle finish that I think looks fantastic.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:17 PM

Thank you, I will post some pics after I get her all cleaned up and running. She is missing a spool holder chrome thingy...not sure what they are called, but other than that she is in great shape. Even the electrical is okay. I agree she is the only one so far I have liked in the crinkle paint.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:28 AM

I mostly sew quilty things these days - although I have a Superman cape and a size 2 Marilyn Monroe costume to do for Halloween!
Mine does have the same hinge pin.

I learned to sew on a White 77 so it holds a special place in my heart!
Old 10-04-2014, 04:30 AM

Hope you find the hinge that you are looking for. I don't usually like the crinkle finish either - only seen black and brown but I like your pretty little green machine and cabinet

Is the crinkle finish sometimes referred to as a "godzilla" finish?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
Hope you find the hinge that you are looking for. I don't usually like the crinkle finish either - only seen black and brown but I like your pretty little green machine and cabinet

Is the crinkle finish sometimes referred to as a "godzilla" finish?
Yes,it is referred to as that but I like whoa ugly!!! better..Hehe Except for this little girl. The pine green is really pretty. I guess it reminds me of pine tree leaves in a forest.

Thanks quiltingvagabond, now I know those hinge pins are out there. I will keep looking. I will look for cabinets sold without machines too, maybe I will find some that way.