Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I ordered a chocolate malt to celebrate... LOL

Congratulations on all the great finds. I'll bet you did a happy dance when you found the penguin walking foot. I haven't had a chocolate malt in ages - it sure sounds yummy. :-)

Think I'm also getting jealous.. I'm in a one bedroom apartment, with no room.. Had to move the dog house under my office table desk in the living room to make room for my singer 66 in a cabinet.. Dog finally got used to it.. I love the old machines.. and am debating whether to take a ride to the north shore of our island to an estate sale which advertised sewing machines.. At least an hour ride.. in the rain.. Ughhh..
    Barri

O M Gosh !! A friend of mine told me about these penguin foot months ago and quoted that its expensive as well as hard to find! You are so lucky to received one and i hope you can show us later what you made using this foot.
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Oh my!! I'm going to have to start hunting for this. The featherweight is so light...... can you do a large quilt without the whole machine moving around?

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Such amazing ingenuity! I wasn't aware of the penguin walking foot before your post. Thanks for educating me!

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Oh my!! I'm going to have to start hunting for this. The featherweight is so light...... can you do a large quilt without the whole machine moving around?
    Heh heh heh I don't know yet - I would say you'd be severely limited by the narrow throat space on the featherweight. The video I posted is not mine.

I recently purchased my featherweight and have only played around with it so far. It joins my other 13 vintage Singers - oops, that number is up to 16 as of this week.

BTW I only paid $50 for my featherweight - normal price around here is about $350.

Shari

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3