I am not starting a business doing this but since I have all of the tools necessary to make these quickly and easily, I have offered to make folks here slide plates for the cost of materials and shipping.
I can make them out of steel, brass, copper, or aluminum.
I have a plating machine and silver salts (plating solution) currently, but others can be purchased.
If you know the size and thickness of yours let me know. I am starting to compile a list of dimensions for known slides. If not we can discuss how to go about finding the correct information.
A couple of notes:
- Sometimes the front and back slides are different lengths
- The width measurement we need is the width at MAX if you have the original
- The width measurement without the original is the width of the slot at it's widest.
- Sometimes the "inboard" (closest to the needle) portion is slightly smaller than the outboard portion.
- Most slides are 16ga or 14ga in thickness. (.0508 to .0641 respectively), some are thinner.