Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I'm looking for pics and measurements of a specific treadle cabinet. >

I'm looking for pics and measurements of a specific treadle cabinet.

I'm looking for pics and measurements of a specific treadle cabinet.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Caroline,

That part I know. But this cabinet is neither all Singer nor all W&W. It has features of both. Could be a transition model maybe? I don't know. I'm just trying to find a couple of good pics of the one I have so I can finish my repairs to the face plate.

Joe
I am thinking that perhaps a search on the National Archives website for Singer advertising may produce some catalog pics. Just a thought.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 AM

Caroline,

That is one thought I haven't had. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Joe
Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 AM

Well, I've searched in all the recommended places to no avail. I've yet to find a pic of my treadle cabinet. I guess it's a super rare version of an obsolete, discontinued, prototype, hand made, experimental cabinet. LOL.

Joe
Old 07-31-2012, 03:34 AM

Well, I've searched in all the recommended places to no avail. I've yet to find a pic of my treadle cabinet. I guess it's a super rare version of an obsolete, discontinued, prototype, hand made, experimental cabinet. LOL.

Joe
Well, Joe, I think you have just about all the bases covered with that description. LOL Not laughing at you but just at how frustrating it can be to find out info on some of these vintage pieces. Best of luck to you.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 AM

Joe
Well, with all bases covered, you are going to have to be clever and design you own. If you succeed no one will know the difference except you.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM

Caroline,

Those ends, tips, contoured places can be left till the last or even done later. Right now I'm concentrating on repairing the functional and mechanical parts of that cabinet. Once I get it back together I might be able to see from the assembly what it should look like. Until then, I keep looking for pictures.

If you see any fancy 5 drawer treadles on eBay or CL let me know. We'll find a pic eventually.

Joe