Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm looking for pics and measurements of a specific treadle cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Caroline,

That part I know. But this cabinet is neither all Singer nor all W&W. It has features of both. Could be a transition model maybe? I don't know. I'm just trying to find a couple of good pics of the one I have so I can finish my repairs to the face plate.

Joe
    I am thinking that perhaps a search on the National Archives website for Singer advertising may produce some catalog pics. Just a thought.
    Sweet Caroline

Caroline,

That is one thought I haven't had. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Joe

Well, I've searched in all the recommended places to no avail. I've yet to find a pic of my treadle cabinet. I guess it's a super rare version of an obsolete, discontinued, prototype, hand made, experimental cabinet. LOL.

Joe

Well, I've searched in all the recommended places to no avail. I've yet to find a pic of my treadle cabinet. I guess it's a super rare version of an obsolete, discontinued, prototype, hand made, experimental cabinet. LOL.

Joe
    Well, Joe, I think you have just about all the bases covered with that description. LOL Not laughing at you but just at how frustrating it can be to find out info on some of these vintage pieces. Best of luck to you.
    Dance like no one is watching

Joe
    Well, with all bases covered, you are going to have to be clever and design you own. If you succeed no one will know the difference except you.
    Sweet Caroline

Caroline,

Those ends, tips, contoured places can be left till the last or even done later. Right now I'm concentrating on repairing the functional and mechanical parts of that cabinet. Once I get it back together I might be able to see from the assembly what it should look like. Until then, I keep looking for pictures.

If you see any fancy 5 drawer treadles on eBay or CL let me know. We'll find a pic eventually.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2