Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm now on # 10

I'm now on # 10

My husband was at the local thrift store on Friday and called and told me he found a viking for $8. It is a 4700 and had the case, all attachments and the manual. She seems to run good, but I can't seem to get the stitch selector to move. Will have to work with her more. Does anyone here have a viking 4700?

#10 Viking or #10 machine? If it's the latter- you have headed down the slippery slope of machine addiction. If it's the former- Lucky you!

Wink #10 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    #10 Viking or #10 machine? If it's the latter- you have headed down the slippery slope of machine addiction. If it's the former- Lucky you!
    I'm sliding all the way and dragging my husband with me. He has found the last three I have bought

Quote Originally Posted by FURBALLS View Post
    I'm sliding all the way and dragging my husband with me. He has found the last three I have bought
    ha ha!! This could so be my house!!! I'm on my 9th Vintage and 12th overall (counting my modern machines). My husband is definitely an enabler.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

You've got the bug...look for good ones re: condition and desirability. We'll enable you, so have no fear.

ya are a mess
    #They Call Me QuickStitch!!

Blog Entries
    This post made me chuckle --- I am definitely on the lookout for older, interesting machines ... I have three FW and a Singer that belonged to my mother-in-law (not sure of the model, would have to uncover the cabinet), my great grandmother's White treadle (is that spelled right?) and a White Rotary that I purchased at a yard sale last summer for $40 just because I had to have it ... I was even able to convince my husband that it was a great buy!!! He never complains when another machine comes into the house -- he may have to give up his hobby room if this keeps up --- lol