Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Imperial Sewing Machine

Blog Entries
    Can anyone help me with determining if this machine is worth buying? The seller says it is early 1900, treadle, Imperial made in UK.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like a Singer class 15 clone. I don't think it is that old, but I could be wrong. You should post this on the Vintage machine thread so more people see it. A lot of people on there who are very knowledgable.

It should be a good machine. Does it have attachments and manual? Depends how much they are asking for it.

Blog Entries
    Here's 2 more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The base MIGHT be old, but the head definitely isn't. It's a Japanese 15 class machine, and it's probably a perfectly fine machine, especially if you can get it for cheap.

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for this information. He is asking $99 and knowing this information, I think I'm going pass on this one. I just totally knew nothing about it. I'm getting educated. :-)

I see it is in a Singer cabinet. Not is the best shape but looks restorable. If it was me I would offer him 50.00 for it. It is not worth more than that, IMO.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, I've made the decision to not buy it. Besides, it's a pretty good distance for one that is not really worth it.
    I appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinabug
    Can anyone help me with determining if this machine is worth buying? The seller says it is early 1900, treadle, Imperial made in UK.
    I would have bought it!! It's gorgeous....just check out those decals. Here is a little information on the Imperial Sewing Machine Co.:

http://website.lineone.net/~lindave/other.htm

The machine, that you posted pics of, could have been manufactured in early 1900.

Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks for the research info Cathy. I probably should have, I just was not sure and not knowing enough, I didn't.
    I did however come across a sweet little treadle in a cabinet. I'll post some pics when I get her cleaned up. Also needs a little work. I love it.
    The model # is G0369829