Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible FW price on EBay

Incredible FW price on EBay

I was watching this one when the price hit 800 .. Cant believe it sold for $1125!!!! Yes, its a very nice machine, and kudos to the seller for the nicely packaged deal and professional presentation (lots of sellers can learn a LOT from the way she constructed her ad) ... But $1125!!!!! WOW!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321064028999...84.m1438.l2649
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I watched this one too.
    It was professionally done, but still . . .

Gorgeous, but crazy price.

Yes, I just lost a bid on a FW. I bid $375 and still lost. That is even beyond my top dollar! I will find one at a price I want to pay, may take me sometime, but I will find one! I can't imagine paying that kind of price.

This seller has sold many featherweights on Ebay and they always go for a very high price. She is a professional and the machines she sells are not only displayed professionally but she uses them and is very knowledgable about featherweights. She makes sure every machine she sells is in "like new condition". That goes along way for her getting those prices.

I checked it out on Ebay and it sure was a very pretty FW. BUT, $1125 !! Ouch. I thought it might be the 222 free arm. I paid $250 (with shipping) on Ebay for mine a few years ago. It's in very nice shape. I also got a white FW off of CL for $85. Now, that was a steal.

It's called MARKETING folks. I like her idea about putting a sleeve on the spool pin to keep the plastic spools from rattling.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    It's called MARKETING folks. I like her idea about putting a sleeve on the spool pin to keep the plastic spools from rattling.
    That was my point ... I've noticed a lot of ad's that show the machines on a bench with a lot of background clutter, lousy pictures, incomplete pictures (one being listed now doesn't have a single pic of the machine with the left side folded down), very little info on the machine - or incorrect information. Ditto for other products as well ... my husband watches cars, motorcycles and watches. This seller does an excellent job of marketing her machines and other sellers can learn a lot from it. Yes ... her machines do appear to be outstanding, but so are others that are not marketed as well.

Don't we all wish that advertised machines showed a video of the machine running and stitching (I've seen some shown running .. but not stitching)?

But still ... $1125??? That's a killer.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Whoa Nellie---I have better things to spend my money on. Like a years worth of groceries for me and this includes my Milky Way Dark Chocolate bars

Beautiful machine, but I can't fathom paying that much. I'd be afraid to use it for fear of mucking it up!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast