Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Info needed on White Sewing Machines >

Info needed on White Sewing Machines

Info needed on White Sewing Machines

Old 09-04-2014, 09:13 AM

Default Info needed on White Sewing Machines

Hi. Not that I need another machine, but our local ReStore has a White sewing machine model 9950 in a wooden cabinet for $75. It looks to be in decent condition but I did not see any extra feet or fancy stitching disks and I did not have a chance to actually plug it in to see if it would run. The front of the machine has 'Domestic' written on it where I have seen the name 'White' on other examples. The only info on the visible serial number tag was : White Sewing Machine Company Toronto Model 9950. I'm hoping someone here might have some idea as to its age and if it would be worth the time and effort to get it into sewing shape. It looks like a lovely little machine.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

I like to take photos when I go to the thrift stores. I may not get the machine but by taking photos of the machine or whatever, I can look it up when I get home or on my smart phone. Just Google it.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Already did. Found one that looks very similar on EBay that is selling for $250 but could not find any info about when the machine was manufactured. I think I'll just pop back to the place next time I'm in town and take a closer look as well as inquire about the accessories.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
Already did. Found one that looks very similar on EBay that is selling for $250 but could not find any info about when the machine was manufactured. I think I'll just pop back to the place next time I'm in town and take a closer look as well as inquire about the accessories.
You mean listed for $250. Selling is completely different and that seller is a dreamer for sure.