Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: ISO Parts - Brunswick VS Sewing Machine

Blog Entries
    Too cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm learning more every day.

lux
    Hi Susan,

I recently bought a Brunswick treadle machine similar to yours though I don't have experience with threading and adjusting thread/bobbin tension on this kind of machine. I previously was using a Victor treadle machine that had mechanisms more similar to my electric Singer. Do you have any pointers or tips? I've managed to get a single (quite loose) line of stitching on a scrap piece of fabric.

Thank you so much!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lux View Post
    Hi Susan,

I recently bought a Brunswick treadle machine similar to yours though I don't have experience with threading and adjusting thread/bobbin tension on this kind of machine. I previously was using a Victor treadle machine that had mechanisms more similar to my electric Singer. Do you have any pointers or tips? I've managed to get a single (quite loose) line of stitching on a scrap piece of fabric.

Thank you so much!
    Mine was a lot like that when I first got it up and running. First, tighten the top tension knob a bit, don't forget to make sure your feed dog tension isn't loose or too tight. It was much easier to adjust the tension on this machine than the front tension on later machines. How does it work now?

Why do I ask? My Alvah (same manufacturer, rebadged) is now my favorite machine to for sewing. As for threading the bobbin, TreadleLady on YouTube is your guide. I would love an update! How are and this machine doing?!?
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.

Can I add my picture here? Well, I'm gonna...so...Is this the same machine? It's a Minnehaha Brand. Not sure the maker, but it looks so similar to yours. What do you think?Name:  minnehaha2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  528.3 KB

Hi, I have a Brunswick in the cabinet with accessories. The Greist attachments are used with this machine. I just looked on ebay and there are many available. Be sure the foot adapter is included. Good luck. Dixie in NY state

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5