Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kenmore 158.1040 sews!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Skyangel, I've been looking at that one and I asked him to measure it. It seems to be the same size, so will problly get that one. I have a bid in on the accessory box that Makitmama told me about. Should hear today if I win or not.

Wow, thanks for the pics. My model (the one before yours) doesn't have that insert. It's just a regular plate. This must have been something that came with the 1040 and later versions. Interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Wow, thanks for the pics. My model (the one before yours) doesn't have that insert. It's just a regular plate. This must have been something that came with the 1040 and later versions. Interesting.
    I know what you mean. I had a Kenmore from the 70's and it didn't have this plate either.

This is the exact zig zag plate on my machine. I would think it would fit the 1040 model? http://www.ebay.com/itm/E11-Kenmore-...item3a679d0397

The only downside would be you couldn't snap in and take out an insert. You'd have to change plates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    This is the exact zig zag plate on my machine. I would think it would fit the 1040 model? http://www.ebay.com/itm/E11-Kenmore-...item3a679d0397

The only downside would be you couldn't snap in and take out an insert. You'd have to change plates.
    Yeah, you have to reach in like putting in bobbin and push it up and out.

I just noticed that Sew-Classic has that zig-zag needle plate insert.

http://shop.sew-classic.com/Needle-P...?categoryId=-1

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much! I had checked some time ago and they didn't have it then, just hadn't looked recently. Ordered it and its on its way.! Now, she can sew everything.

Hi! You will be very pleased with this machine. I own two of them. One is the Kenmore 1040 the other was sold in Germany under a different badge.... the whole machine is bright pumpkin orange! Anyhow, these machines run on two belts. Remarkably, they are still sold by Sears on "SearsDirect". They are fairly easy to replace. You may consider purchasing a pair for future use. You never know when Sears will stop carrying them. Cost: about 5.00 each belt. The upper thread tensioner is also available and VERY easy to replace. Cost: about 15.00 Enjoy! Ted

Oh no. Now I want one of these too! Lol. Congratulations on your find!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2