Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Kenmore 158.13500

Question Kenmore 158.13500

Does anyone know where I can download a manual for the Kenmore 158.13500 sewing machine? I purchased one at a city wide garage sale. I really only bought it for the cabinet for my Daughter-in-law, but I took the machine just to see if it would work, etc . Works great but there are some things I'd like to know about it and of course there was no manual. I don't even know what year it was made. BTW only paid $20 for all. Any info will help, Thanks
    Nancy

Blog Entries
    There is a vintage Kenmore yahoo group which I belong to. I think you can download one from there or someone on there can give you a link.

Hi minga,

I downloaded a manual for my Kenmore 158.1430 but can't remember right now where I found it. Will check around and see if I can find the source.
    Kitsy

I think that site is www.managemylife.com ??
    Carol

Thanks for all the info. I'll search on these sites. I have no attachments but the one pressure foot and one bobbin, hope I can find more of them also. thanks again
    Nancy

Nancy,

Try Relics as well. They've got a gazillion manuals. http://www.tias.com/stores/relics/

Joe

Hi again minga,

Managemylife is the source for your model. I found it just now and you can download it. Good luck. Kitsy
    Kitsy

I Google everything. I have a 158 also in the cabinet. Weighs about 40 pounds, right? There was one on E-Bay and the current price at the time was 168.00 I couldn't find a year on it though. I am thinking 50 -60's.
    Anyways, like you, I didn't have a manual either, so I just Googled: "Sears Kenmore Sewing Manual". Let me know if this works for you, because I got a website that seemed to have ALL kinds of manuals for sewing machines!! )

All of the suggestions are great. Thanks to all for your help. Sears Kenmore site has actual manuals which if probably the one to get but it costs a little more. Just need to decide which to download. Thanks to all.