Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Kenmore 158-15000

Kenmore 158-15000

Last year I won an auction for a Kenmore 158-15000 for a whopping $5.00. Miriam picked it up and held it for us till we could get there on the 1st.

We had a set of cams we thought might fit the machine, but they wouldn't. Miriam's cams wouldn't fit either. So we tested it for the SS and ZZ stitch and it worked great.

Once back in Illynoise Elaine checked with eBay and found a set of cams for it.

Our eBay account wouldn't work for some reason so we talked to Jon ( jlhmnj ) and he used his account to get them for us.
    The cams came in today and they fit perfectly. The box is even a perfect color match for the machine.

We test sewed with the machine using all the cams, SS and ZZ and the tensions were perfect. This machine needs nothing. All I've done to it is oil it.
    It's only problem is that it stinks like cigarettes when I run it. But the machine is too clean for a smoker so I'm wondering if the motor is making the odor. I'm gonna wash it anyway.

At any rate Elaine wants to keep it, I want to try and flip it. She'll probably win.

Joe

Holy COW the lid of that machine looks like a Singer case from a 400 or 500 series machine!
    Sorry, have cases on the brain ATM, been scouring the net for one for an elna 64c. Might have to go back to the store and get the cabinet I donated back after buying the machine. It's wobbly without a case or cabinet.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

WOW that is a great machine. I'd keep it.

Banned
    What a deal!

I nwould keep it too if it works so great, and with the cams should be a real great machine.

Carol,

Well, as good a machine as it is, it doesn't do anything our other machines don't do. So I'm still thinking we should sell it.

Joe