Kenmore 158.480

Old 06-08-2015, 07:40 AM

you know I"m tempted to just buy both sets of cams and then find a machine to go with the set that doesn't work LOL! that makes sense right?!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt938 View Post
you know I"m tempted to just buy both sets of cams and then find a machine to go with the set that doesn't work LOL! that makes sense right?!
bait you mean???
Old 06-08-2015, 08:35 AM

I don't think I need bait LOL! I just grab the bare hook sometimes! lol
Old 06-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt938 View Post
thanks I wasn't clear- the rockateer was in the cabinet it's in in the picture but I can't get it to stay secure so I can store it down- not sure if maybe this wasn't the cabinet made for a singer? in the shop it was set up like this for display not stored down. the kenmore is on the cabinet it was in - just couldn't manhandle it after wrestling with the singer

hmm so the atlas will fit in a singer cabinet? I was actually just looking for a cabinet for one of the machines I already have but for $80 for the machine and cabinet together I figured what the heck so basically accomplished nothing but adding yet another 500 to the herd...sigh..my reasoning goes out the door sometimes. I really wanted a cabinet for a 201 I'm wanting to use...but somehow these things happen to me!!!
The Atlas and the 201 will work in that cabinet. The hinge spacing is the same. What you will have though is about a 2" space to the right of the machine. Starting with (I think) the 400 series of machines, the footprint(bed size) is larger. That's why you see some cabinets with that "flap" on the right side of the front part that lifts to store the machine, and some cabinets where the front part is just straight across. Singer didn't change the hinge spacing, the added size is on the right side of the machine. Most Japanese machines follow the Singer footprint so they fit in Singer cabinets and vice-versa. My Singers fit perfect in my Brother cabinets. Exception of course is Kenmores, though I've been told that there are one or two Kenmore models from the early '50s that have the Singer/Japanese footprint.

Cari
Old 06-08-2015, 01:25 PM

interesting thanks Cari! I'm happy- college guy came by to work some more in the house and he managed to get the screw in straight on the 500, got the kenmore in place, and also found out my mom's 99 will fit in the cabinet she got with another singer a bluish colored heavy sucker- think it's straight stitch too so decided to put the 99 in that cabinet..found another cabinet I like but it has a 99 already in it - and unfortunately I like the decals on that 99 LOL so getting it wouldn't solve a problem!

also found the cams someone on facebook said its' the small black ones in the orange-ish case :-)