Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Kenmore 158 series model 1345

Kenmore 158 series model 1345

All you knowledgeable vintage enthusiasts out there can you help me?? Just found one on Craigslist for $30! I tried scouring the internet for information but came up with nada on that model...... Lots of info on the 158 series but thin on this particular model.

I would like to know the year it was made and if it has a good track record? I am trying to teach myself fmq and thought an older girl would probably be better to learn on! Am I right? I want something that's going to outlast me!

Oh......and how often does it need to be serviced?

TIA

I did a search on the model # & found a completed ebay auction. It said in the auction that it was manufactured in 1976 & cost 215.99 new. ALL of the 158 series Kenmores have good track records...they're exceptional machines!

You should be able to service it yourself. Just keep it cleaned & oiled. By the way, that one sold for $169!

Thank you.....sooo much! I saw a few on ebay and on Craigslist for much more! I am very happy with the purchase....going to pick it up on Friday!! Thanks for the info! Was a little worried about not finding reviews/info on that particular model....but did hear that that series was a workhorse!! =)

Sounds like you got a good deal.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have several Kenmore 158 series machines, and they seem to be a good machine. I keep tripping on them, and finding them reasonably priced, and can't help but buy them. I was gifted a 158.121280 yesterday, and bought a 158.1355080 for $10 a couple of weeks ago. Both sew well, and cleaned up nicely.
    Melinda

I just bought at 158.13410 yesterday at Goodwill for $15. and it came with all the attachments and the manual. Also have a 158-17030 I bought new in about 1973. Never had any trouble with it and it will sew through almost anything.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Sounds like a few of you got some really good deals! Thanks so much for the input! I am really excited to pick it up on Friday....woke up at 3 am thinking I would drive down today and get it but decided *patience is a virtue* The machine comes with the attachments and the original manual. I'm hoping the manual will explain how to oil the machine since I have never had a machine that needed oiling!

Hopefully, the saying.....Old dogs can learn new tricks.....is true! =)

I have one that was made around 1966 or so, still using it, my only machine, and it is a workhorse! Very good machine!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
    I have one that was made around 1966 or so, still using it, my only machine, and it is a workhorse! Very good machine!
    Wow......really?? That is fantastic!! What do you do to maintain her?