Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kenmore machine

Some 158s are "left homing" and I doubt that you will find a walking foot for those.

Blog Entries
    That is true - I forgot about that - it might work if it is zz machine but it might not feed quite like you want it to
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I got my walking foot at Sears.
    I don't have the same model, but I think it fits all the Kenmore machines.

I got one at sears too....they can tell you if your machine is low, high or slant shaft...I've ordered them from Chlotide too...sp wrong LOL
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    I usually purchase all my feet from SewClassic. Good prices and fast shipment. You just need to know which shank your machine has; she has diagrams of the different shanks which makes it easy to select the correct shank. If I order on Saturday, I usually get my order on Monday or Tuesday.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Some of the 158 are super high shank. I have a 158-1340 that's super high shank. I ordered a walking foot online. There is a new one for the super high shank. I think this is the link I ordered from but I paid about $35. You can google "super high walking foot" for others. http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/wal...high-rwa8.aspx
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    There are 'high shank' Kenmore machines (and others) and a couple Singer's have 'super high shank' - try sew-classic - There are Kenmore machines that have high shank and some have low shank they can all be 158 numbering though.
    There are no machines other than Kenmore that use "super high shank" feet...it's exclusive to Kenmore.

I bought one for my Kenmore 158-1941 on ebay....

Quote Originally Posted by lowjane View Post
    That looks like it may be a winner - - - Yes, slant shank is Singer - and while Singer and Kenmore are sort of cousins, Kenmore takes the low shank (I have an old 158 series, also, from a thrift store), though I haven't tried to get a walking foot for it - but it is definitely a low shank.

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Blog Entries
    Try Sewing Parts Online.com

I have a Kenmore. In the manual I think on the back they have all the feet that you can buy. I got my walking foot from there. I remember it was quite inexpensive.
    Ms Sewer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2