Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmore ?

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kenmore ?

Are Kenmore machines worth buying? I've seen some lately for 25.00 each in a cabinet. Are they worth investing in?
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

I love my Kenmore's. I have 6 of them. They're sturdy buggers.

You bet they are! I also own few of the Kenmores, the ones made in Japan, all metal and very strong. Which Kenmore are you looking at?

I've had my Kenmore for about 17 years and it's wonderful. My sewing machine repairman says they are really good machines--like Janomes for durability--because of the metal frame and metal parts . I had it serviced only once in those 17 years (mostly because I didn't have any problems with it till a minor timing issue). I am about to buy another machine (Janome) only because I want to upgrade from a basic mechanical machine to a computerized one. I recommend Kenmores personally from my experience. Easy to use, easy to fix if they need to be.

I am still sewing on the one I bought 34 years ago , Never had an issue so far !

Loved my Kenmore. I kind of regret giving it to my daughter, who doesn't really sew much.

Blog Entries
    I love mine too. The price was right - I'm thinking it was about $150.00 and it still has more stitches that I use. I love it!

Kenmores are great machines!

Blog Entries
    Can't say enough about all 7 of my kennies. Great work horses and very dependable . I too have the very 1st one I purchased over 37 yrs ago. Keep them cleaned & oiled and you will never be disappointed.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Blog Entries
    Yes, definitely worth the investment. I recently gave my late 70s Kenmore to my DS & DIL. It is still going strong.
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast