Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Late 1950's Singer....

I have an opportunity to purchase a late 1950's Singer, model (99-) for $20 dollars. It looks like a great machine. The bobbin plate is missing. Is it worth purchasing this machine. Are parts easily available. It's supposed to be in working condition and I do plan to have it looked at be a Singer service repair person. I'm thinking for $20 I can't go wrong...Any opinions???

Go for it! $20.00 is not too much. Parts are usually available. And people here have talked about ebay for some parts...

The 99 is a sweet little machine, simple, plate shouldn't be hard to find. Go for it.

Blog Entries
    Why don't you have it already? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Why don't you have it already? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So true. Someone should kick me in the head for not, at this minute, be pounding on the door of the seller, right? LOLOLOL...

Had mother-in-law problems, she's 86, in early Alzheimer's, couldn't go today to pick up or else that sweet little baby would be sitting in my house right now. Darn mother-in-laws....just kidding! ! ! I better watch what I say, I might be a mother-in-law one day, lolol....

Buy first, ask questions later!!

Blog Entries
    Plates are uot there and for most thngs, you can service it yourself with the instructions in the vintage machine site. I don't touch electrics, but older motors are so uncomplicated, they don't need much.

definitely - 66's and 99's are great machines and $20 is a reasonable price for one.

I bought my 99K (born in Scotland 11/20/56) at a garage sale Thurs for $12.00 In perfect condition! Came home & cleaned & oiled. Fri sewed a whole quilt on it. Great machine! On ebay they are going for $150. to 250.

I just paid $100 for a 99 in wonderful condition with a bentwood cover in great shape. Grab it for $20.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast