Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lavendar handwheel

Lavendar handwheel

I need help. how do you get the hand wheel off of a necchi? you can see I have taken off the outer knob that winds the bobbin. and I have taken out the set screws from the inside. it will not budge. I have sprayed it several times with triflow and still nothing. it is gunked up and the triflow has helped big time, just not the hand wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    😊 wilburness 😊

second pic did not come out
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    😊 wilburness 😊

Blog Entries
    Does that clutch part come off first?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Sure looks like it unthreads....?
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

miriam, what clutch part? the 3 prong washer? no it will not come off. I have sprayed it with triflow and it will not budge. I have tried with a screwdriver to pry it off, very carefully, and no go.

jim, there are threads but I have tried turning it each way and again, no go........

any other ideas? please !
    😊 wilburness 😊

If there are threads, & the 3 finger washer extends past the inner bore if the handwheel, it must come off for the handwheel to. Have you searched for an exploded parts diagram? Necchi experts out there?
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

Blog Entries
    It is really hard to see it. I'm wondering if it has some kind of spring loaded clips or something.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Here's some info on Necchi handwheels. http://www.mckennalinn.com/necchi-no...handwheel.html Yours looks a little different but on this one the clutch washer does come off before the hand wheel. You might have to use a bit of penetrating oil and add some heat or let it sit overnight. Be sure to check the rest of the article. She mentions an oil wick in the hand wheel. I don't know, but yours might have that too and it would be good to know before you think it's a wad of thread and try to pull it out.
    Christy

Blog Entries
    research is always a good idea

Christy, thank you, I will try heat tonight. I have found the wick, that is prominant when you take off the top. I found the vintage sewing machine blog by eric kotara and they have a five section cleaning of a necchi. I can only get the first two sections (I need section 3). I have joined that site and left a message for the blogger. I have researched this. again any help is welcomed!
    karen
    😊 wilburness 😊

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast