Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Light bulb loose--replace socket, or new bulb?

Question Light bulb loose--replace socket, or new bulb?

My parents surprised me with a beautiful little FW--April 1st, 1941, works beautifully and smooth as silk. I've been piecing like a madwoman with her and adore every black inch of her, but she has a minor issue. Her lightbulb wobbles; it doesn't seat firmly in the socket. It can jiggle out of connection sometimes while I'm sewing or during packing up or setting up. I always seat it correctly by pushing in and twisting until I can't any more, but it seems to still have some wiggle even after I do that.

Do I have to *gulp* replace the socket? Or would a new bulb do the trick? The socket itself doesn't seem to be loose, it's just that the bulb seems a hair too small.

Brynn, Does the bulb still have both the little nubs on it. I think if it does, then there may be something in the socket that is not catching them correctly. In my experience they can be a real bugger to get in and out.

Should not be too had to replace the socket though.
    Lisa

Thank you for the advice! I will take a look when I get home tonight. Wish I'd thought to ask about it when I was ordering parts last night!

Blog Entries
    Mine does the same thing. I got some new bulbs, a little higher wattage, 25 I think, and they fit much better.

Blog Entries
    I have this issue with my 15-91 light bulb too. But I don't seem to find anything wrong. And it isn't consistant. I'm probably going have to rewire the bulb wiring. Ugh.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Blog Entries
    I have this problem too, light bulb loose and won't stay on. Haven't really tried to fix it yet because sewing in well lit room.
    But should I get into low lighting situation, would be up a creek.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

Blog Entries
    Sorry, can't seem to edit last post. Found this info, has a part in the video about changeing a lightbulb. Make it easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYlr...eature=related
    My stash keeps me in stitches!