Look what I found

Old 09-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Is this going to be a restoration? If not, I agree with Karamarie, it's a great decorative piece.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:20 PM

This looks like a toy chainstitch machine called American Girl. I have a red one with a sticker underneath stating it was made by the National Sewing Machine Company. According to Glenda Thomas in Toy and Miniature Sewing Machines Book II, this toy appeared in the Sears Christmas catalog for 1936, and generally dates from the 1920s to 1930s. So it is close to being an official antique. Have fun cleaning it up!
Old 09-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Banned

It does look like a National made toy. What's left of the lettering on it looks like Eldredgette and it's virtually identical to mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558012[/ATTACH]

Cari
Attached Thumbnails s5032455.jpg  
Old 09-12-2016, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gray fox View Post
This looks like a toy chainstitch machine called American Girl. I have a red one with a sticker underneath stating it was made by the National Sewing Machine Company. According to Glenda Thomas in Toy and Miniature Sewing Machines Book II, this toy appeared in the Sears Christmas catalog for 1936, and generally dates from the 1920s to 1930s. So it is close to being an official antique. Have fun cleaning it up!
thanks for the great information
Old 09-12-2016, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
It does look like a National made toy. What's left of the lettering on it looks like Eldredgette and it's virtually identical to mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558012[/ATTACH]

Cari
Oh, my , yes they do look the same. Yours is in great shape... Hope I can figure out how to restore it.