Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for a fw at a reasonable price?

looking for a fw at a reasonable price?

Blog Entries
    Just hurts to see pics like that with local pick-up only - Arghhh

Beautiful machine! FW's are very popular now and the prices are going up fast. It doesn't say where you live but I would check out all the thrift stores and antique stores. You might be able to find one that's just been there for a while they want to get rid of.

there have been a lot of fws for sale here in the Portland/Seattle area & generally, the prices have gone up into the $300 -$500 range. When I got mine 2 years ago, they were selling for around $100 - $250 in good shape & with attachments & a nice case.

$300 - 400 for average black FWs around Albany, NY despite insane asking prices of over $600.

$250 is a reasonable asking price. Here in New York they could go as high as $600-$700! The photos show a very clean looking machine. It says 'pristine'.....if it's nearby, go check it out and if you can afford it, I'd go for it! I have 3 FW's and love them all! I'll never be without one...ever!

oh my, i'm just south of there . . . but i already have one. that is a good price for around here, but i got mine for $225, also from a Portland suburb. dang, i'm tempted even though i don't "need" another one. it's probably gone by now anyway.

Here I like to check www.auctionzip.com for info on auctions. You enter your zip and how far you will travel and it pulls up auctions. They allow key word searches so I do featherweight, singer, feather weight, etc. and go from there. A lot of times there are pictures etc.

Here in the midwest, a price of $200-250 is a good range. Easy to get parts and a number are always at auction.

We also have a number on craigslist. If you use www.searchtempest.com (fairly hard to use) you can check craigslist over a large geographic area. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    note that the ad says "local delivery only". not the same as local pick up! if truly interested...i would email the person and ask if they would ship....

Maybe a local QB member would be willing to pick it up and ship it for someone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast