Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Machine Cabinet for What Machine?

Machine Cabinet for What Machine?

Anyone know anything about this cabinet?

Name:  00t0t_g2IKLGXVGnb_600x450.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  35.2 KB

This does not look like a sewing machine cabinet - just a sewing cabinet. You can tell because it's too small, and it is solid between the front legs.

White had one similar in design, but it's larger and the front lower panel is a false drawer and it folds back so you can sit under the machine.

BTW - it's a Martha Washington style cabinet, and a very pretty one too.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments

Blog Entries
    my DIL's GM had a sewing machine in a cabinet like that...don't know what she ever did with it, she didn't want me to mess with it...???? I would have loved to set it up but>>>
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Here is what the sewing machine cabinet looks like -

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ra...243508141.html

The sewing cabinet is significantly smaller than the same styled sewing machine cabinet. Usually a lot older too.

If I hadn't just bought a White rotary in a different cabinet (That I also really like) I'd be asking my sister to go get this one for me.
    Last edited by Macybaby; 12-15-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments

Oh me oh my ..... I don't have a White Rotary. If I was closer I'd be going after that one. Love it!

Joe

What you have is a Martha Washington cabinet. I don't believe it was meant for a sewing machine. Just sewing items. I have one, it is for patterns, thread and all things sewing. The only one that I have seen with a machine was posted on here a couple of days ago. JMHO - such a waste of a beautiful cabinet.
    Aronel aka Lee

I've seen both styles in eastern NY and MA from time to time, but none of the spool cabinets had such beautiful inlay. Prices vary from $75 to $250 regardless of condition at the whimsy of their sellers. There are similar copies by other cabinetmakers also.

since we're talking about sewing machine cabinets, i wonder what kind of singer sewing machine is inside this CABINET ? no pic of the machine is showing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by vmaniqui; 12-15-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    ad says it is a Singer 66
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Yup - that one is rather easy as it's a Singer cabinet.

I've got that one in the plain style and the older style. Would be neat to get that style but I think I'm at capacity with 9 treadle cabinets (and 16 electric cabinets- and then all the cased and loose machines)

To the OP - did you get that cabinet? Every time I look at it I love it even more. I've never seen one with the inlay like that, and usually they plainer ones go for over $100.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast