Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madison, WI alert

Madison, WI alert

Red eye in what looks to be good shape:
    http://madison.craigslist.org/atq/3336310672.html

Never mind! I posted this before showing it to Herself. At that point nothing would do but that we make a run to Madison to pick it up

Green with envy here. Did you get it? The pic looks like there was another unit to the right of it........QUESTIONS!!!

Yep, we got it! It was prettier in person than in the pictures. Herself is doing a write up. That was the only sewing machine he had for sale.

*jealous* I like the red eye design, but it isn't my favorite of the singer styles...and its also one I don't happen to have in my collection.

Introducing Claudette...the newest addition to our herd

Wouldn't ya know it! DH posts about a gorgeous Red Eye that's a steal and doesn't even show me first! I took one look at that and knew we had to go get it. Afterall, he has Colette, a beautiful Red Eye treadle. Shouldn't I have a Red Eye too? And I lean more towards the electric machines, so it was a match waiting to happen! Now, her wiring is all crap, but DH can fix that. Her cabinet isn't the greatest, but we can refinish it - maybe lighten it up. I still can't believe the guy sold it to us for $19. Isn't she absolutely stunning?

Name:  Claudette01.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  Claudette3.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  Claudette4.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  52.8 KB

Yes, she's absolutely stunning!!

Nanna
    Last edited by nanna-up-north; 10-14-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: can't read it for the bar..... drat! I hate that bar.

I am SOOO jealous! I have gotten two redeyes that cleaned up to show a lot of decal wear and missing paint.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Quote Originally Posted by makitmama View Post
    I am SOOO jealous! I have gotten two redeyes that cleaned up to show a lot of decal wear and missing paint.
    So far I've found two small chips in the japanning and a small amount of wear in the front decals (little spots.) There was some sticky residue in a couple of places but that came off fine. There's also some dried tape residue - masking or surgical or similar - that hasn't responded well to my early attempts at cleaning but I'll continue to work on it.

I'd would say you got a great bargain!!! $19.00. WOW, wish that would happen in my part of the country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast