Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Manufacture date and what would you sell this for? >

Manufacture date and what would you sell this for?

Manufacture date and what would you sell this for?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:45 AM

Default Manufacture date and what would you sell this for?

I bought this machine last year thinking I would use it, I havent and its taking up space so Im going to sell it. The lady I bought it from said her aunt brought it back from Hawaii, I have no clue if thats true or not. Its a Brother Boutique 771 and only does embroidery and buttonholes and works great. I cant find out when it was made, does anyone know how to do that? How much would you ask for it? I dont want to ask too much (and wind up under the "what were they thinking" section ) but I dont want to give it away either.
Attached Thumbnails z11.jpg   z13.jpg   z12.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 AM

For just the machine i would go between $15-30 of course im cheap lol the cabinet i totally would pay between $40 -60. Just for the detail and paint. But thats also because im cheap. Hahaha for both $75-120 and...even at that price im hemming and hawing.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 AM

If you can find a model number-then maybe you can contact Brothers and ask when these machines were made.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by lildinks2013 View Post
If you can find a model number-then maybe you can contact Brothers and ask when these machines were made.
I have the serial number. I went to their website and this model isnt listed and I cant figure out how to email them without it. It had drop downs that you have to choose from and the live chat isnt working.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Open the top of the machine and look to see if the cam stack is cracked. Many Brothers of this type and age have cracked stacks and aren't worth much.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Open the top of the machine and look to see if the cam stack is cracked. Many Brothers of this type and age have cracked stacks and aren't worth much.
The top doesnt open..I just push on the top left knob and turn the dial to change the stitches.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 PM

If I were to purchase such a combo, it would be for no more than $40.

Opening the top would involve removing a couple of screws and actually taking the top plate of the machine off, and then looking inside at the condition of the gears and such. Looks like there is one on the left between the back thread guide and that silver knob, and maybe one behind the bobbin winder stem.

What do you mean when you say it only does embroidery and buttonholes? Looks like a standard straight stitch/zig zag machine with some extra built in stitches.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by TripleL View Post
The top doesnt open..I just push on the top left knob and turn the dial to change the stitches.
Yes, it should open if you remove the screws.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
What do you mean when you say it only does embroidery and buttonholes? Looks like a standard straight stitch/zig zag machine with some extra built in stitches.
There is no picture of a straight stitch on the stitch selector plate... but you would probably just select the end ZZ option and set the stitch width to zero for a straight stitch. Might not be obvious without a manual.