many singer 237 questions

Old 07-31-2014, 05:53 AM

also I love the quilts! or hillbilly blankets as you call them. very creative!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:40 AM

fashion mate yes , I think that was just a marketing term..

I thank everyone very much on the comments of those quilts. I like them also.. I guess they do take alot of time, yet less time than one may think...

Just yesterday, I was showing my BiL the one pictured, he said the time thing .. all I could say was .. look at the time spent watching a TV ( The Game ). I can sit watch that same tv show and sew up about a 2' x 2' piece of what you see. next tv show do a 1'x2' section next program the same size piece, in 3 evenings have a quilt top piece, by day 6 it's all finished. Now you have something that will keep you warm, fun to look at and possibly save someone life..( freezing cold)

anyway I gave these the Hillbilly names because, I can not sew. Or not like I see in todays quilt shops.
I tired to keep pieces all the same size, tired to line up all the seams, Ha ha ha yea right .

To make up for the lack of that skill, it was make sure nothing lines up. nothing is the same size..but try to make it so that the quilting ( sandwich) is all sewn in straight lines.. so that the back sheet does have some sort of pattern

back to the machine (237) last night I used my old one in that same stand, LOL what a piece of junk compaired to this one pictured .. keep in mind the old one has been beat to death... I mean sewing car seat, tent , sails, heavy coats. so on, even been tipped over and hit the floor 2 x's.

by junk, I mean when running fast and in the stand pic'd in this stand it only has the machine weight to hold it down. the front was hopping up and down a good 1/4" and skipping..in it's normal stand the hinge pins hold it down and does hop around as bad otherwise they both still run the same. so something is out of balance. I'm sure I can fix that ... someday

so someone make and show some denim / camo quilts, now day we have alot of vets around, I'm one of those.. That style / color pattern I would think would be very popular