Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meet Zelda

Blog Entries

Meet Zelda

I had to go to the doctor this morning and on the way I saw a yard sale sign. Of all days for the nurse to be late. When I finally got out of there my truck headed straight for it. First thing I spotted was Zelda. She was sitting there in her wooden box. Can anybody tell me about her?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Zelda is pretty darned cool! And you got a neat bentwood case too. She's a Singer 15-91 ("potted" motor on the back, gear driven). Takes regular 15x1 needles, short shank presser feet.

If you go to the ISMACS database, you can date her by her serial number.

Make sure the wiring is good, give her some oil, and have fun with her! (Love mine).
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

She is very pretty.. Enjoy her

nice machine . i also have one she is in a cabinet with knee control. love love to sew with her. thanks for sharing. and you enjoy zelda

Ohhhhh... Pretty! I love 15-91's. They sew so well and will sew pretty much whatever you throw at them - even leather with the right needle and some patience. They also FMQ wonderfully.
    As Bennett said, check the wiring and make sure there is grease in the grease tubes.

Great machine!!!!

Muv
    Well done! ... Lovely decals, and not a spot of rust, but I don't suppose that's much of a problem in Arizona...

If you need instructions for threading it watch my video on how to thread a 15K treadle in the sticky thread at the beginning of this section.

oh look at her!~ she is so cute!!!!!!! i can't wait to try her when we come down!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Well done! ... Lovely decals, and not a spot of rust, but I don't suppose that's much of a problem in Arizona...

If you need instructions for threading it watch my video on how to thread a 15K treadle in the sticky thread at the beginning of this section.
    I did watch your video. Nice! Thanks so much. Mine is reverse. The tension is on the back of the machine. I also watched you take the wheel off and clean in there. Very helpful!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
    Ohhhhh... Pretty! I love 15-91's. They sew so well and will sew pretty much whatever you throw at them - even leather with the right needle and some patience. They also FMQ wonderfully.
    As Bennett said, check the wiring and make sure there is grease in the grease tubes.
    Okay. I am at a loss here. Where are the grease tubes? I printed off the manual that Bennett so kindly provided me with. I guess I'd better get to studying it. Thanks for mentioning them. What kind of grease do I use?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast