Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Minnesota Model E given to sister in law

Minnesota Model E given to sister in law

These are pictures of the machine and cabinet that was given to our sister in law because the people were moving and didn't have room for it. It has a Sears and Roebuck and Co nameplate with 117.28 on the front underside of the machine, with the numbers28X13889 stamped on the back side of the machine facing upwards, also 6407 stamped into the back side of the throat. The cabinet has another nameplate inside of it with the numbers 117.9527 stamped onto it. from what I could find on the internet, the machine is dated around 1938, I havent found anything yet dating the cabinet. It needs some TLC, but we hope to have it brought back to life soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Sharing the joys of our work to bring joy to others.

I don't know much about the Minnesota E. I do know that Sears had their own model numbers for each item. The machine, and the cabinet will have a sears model number on it. You've seen that. The digits before the dot are the actual manufacturers code. The numbers after the dot are the actual model number.
    You probably knew that.
    In this case I believe the 117 prefix indicates they were made by White. My old Kenmore from the 30s has a 117 prefix and it is a White machine.

I love that cabinet, and am fond of the crinkle paint machines too.

Joe

I really do like that cabinet. With a little TLC the sewing machine should sew very nicely.
    Sweet Caroline