Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Model 15 - free to a good home

Model 15 - free to a good home

DH unearthed a Singer model 15 while cleaning out his shed today. Head only, with motor. Reverse bar is a bit sticky but does move. Hand wheel moves a tad bit but otherwise is stuck. Didn't want to force the issue. Tension knobs seem a bit rusty as is bobbin cover plate. Decals are worn but in decent shape. Too much of a project for me to add to my list. Have a 66 I'm already working on and not enough room to add this one to the collection anyhow.

I'm in central NJ. PM me if you're interested. Otherwise will probably list on CL for free or, honestly, trash it.

Blog Entries
    If you were closer I would take you up on the offer. It would be a long road trip for me.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
    If you were closer I would take you up on the offer. It would be a long road trip for me.
    But think of all the great sights you'd see!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
    DH unearthed a Singer model 15 while cleaning out his shed today. Head only, with motor. Reverse bar is a bit sticky but does move. Hand wheel moves a tad bit but otherwise is stuck. Didn't want to force the issue. Tension knobs seem a bit rusty as is bobbin cover plate. Decals are worn but in decent shape. Too much of a project for me to add to my list. Have a 66 I'm already working on and not enough room to add this one to the collection anyhow.

I'm in central NJ. PM me if you're interested. Otherwise will probably list on CL for free or, honestly, trash it.
    Would it fit in any flat rate boxes?
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

How much would it be if you shipped it to Okla.?

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomOf3 View Post
    Would it fit in any flat rate boxes?
    Definitely wouldn't fit in a flat rate box.

Quote Originally Posted by uniquedesigner View Post
    How much would it be if you shipped it to Okla.?
    I'll have to weigh it to get a shipping quote. It's heavy! I'll try to figure this out in my travels today but honestly might take until sometime tomorrow for an answer. Today is slated to be a very long, hectic day.