Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My featherweight is here, but...

My featherweight is here, but...

Hi All,
    My featherweight is here, and she looks good, but she wasn't threaded... I threaded her and put in the bobbin, but when I tried to pull up the bobbin thread, the upper thread got wound around the bobbin mechanism... and it doesn't pull out easily, and I don't want to yank it out - any suggestions? I've removed the bobbin case, and the thread is caught in the base somehow.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Happens. I simply use a pair of cuticle scissors and cut away as much of the thread-web as possible and viola! it always just lifts out. Good luck .................
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    I use an ex-acto knife and twizzers :-)

Have patience - it will come out a little at a time. Just snip away until you get it.

i use my stork embroidery scissors and tweezers. It will come out, just be patient.

Both my feather weights, when received, didn't sew quite right. I looked into the bobbin case, and yup.. Thread wrapped all around! With patience and tweezers and little scissors, it finally all came out. The mechanisms are tough so a little tugging shouldn't hurt them.

Patience is the key, but in addition to the above I have used a long hand sewing needle to carefully pic out wound up thread.

And if you can't get it out this way, go here: { http://thefeatherweight221factory.com/page10.php } for instructions to take the bobbin assembly apart just far enough to clear the thread jam. Look down at the big red arrow on the bottom and click on the thread jam link.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Patience is the key, but in addition to the above I have used a long hand sewing needle to carefully pic out wound up thread.

And if you can't get it out this way, go here: { http://thefeatherweight221factory.com/page10.php } for instructions to take the bobbin assembly apart just far enough to clear the thread jam. Look down at the big red arrow on the bottom and click on the thread jam link.

Joe
    This is a really good link. The instructions are very clear. We tried it on one we purchased and had to work at it to get it apart. But it did finally come apart and we got the thread out. Unfortunately, that did not solve our particular problem and we mailed the machine back to sender.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Blog Entries
    What is causing the thread to wind around the bobbin? Is the shuttle in correctly? It has to line up the notch int he throat plate
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Thread gets caught in the bobbin area all the time on these babies. It only takes a quarter inch of thread to put them at a standstill. What most often causes the problem is trying to remove the work with the take up lever NOT being all the way up.
    So, make sure your machine is properly threaded (needle threads from right to left) and make sure the take up lever is in the 'full upright position' before starting or stopping sewing.
    Stephanie in Mena

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast