Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My find at a garage sale, What is it!

My find at a garage sale, What is it!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need help with this singer machine. I believe this is a 1925 by the serial numbers. AA413239 But don't know the model. Could it be a 66? Could it have been a treadle machine at one time and converted to electric? Any information would be greatly appreciated! I got it for $5. I couldn't resist buying it. It needs some cleaning up but it works!Name:  Old Singer 005.jpg5.jpg
Views: 2531
Size:  173.1 KB

Thanks, Annaj

Attachment 312586
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Anna,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes it is a Mdl 66

Yes it could have been and probably was a treadle machine at one time. The electrical wiring is not Singer factory type wiring, so that leads me to believe it was converted to electric.

I've never seen one with that type of stitch length and reverse control on it. I hope some one with more smarts than me comes in and tells us more.

Joe

Hi Anna, that's a model 66 from the 1920s. The light fixture is a modern-day add-on and I'd guess the machine was converted to electric, as that motor doesn't seem original. Also, the machine has had reverse added to it after the fact, which is why the stitch length indicator plate doesn't match the rest of the machine.

hope that helps,
    - Rain

Vintage Singer Sewing Machine Blog
    http://vssmb.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I learned something new too...because I couldn't figure out that stitch regulator! Thanks Rain!

It is a 1925 66, and for $5.00, you got one heck of a deal!! Enjoy!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Well, who knew they would/could do that! Neat!
    5 bucks well spent!

Joann

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage.Singers.NYC View Post
    Hi Anna, that's a model 66 from the 1920s. The light fixture is a modern-day add-on and I'd guess the machine was converted to electric, as that motor doesn't seem original. Also, the machine has had reverse added to it after the fact, which is why the stitch length indicator plate doesn't match the rest of the machine.

hope that helps,

Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubted my own eyes and opinion. Said to self," well, it's clearly a 66", then saw that reverse plate and it threw my whole mind into reverse. That's not right. Glad someone came up with a logical answer, but I just wonder, how did they accomplish that remake, anyhow?
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Thanks everyone! I looked on the singer site and found it was a singer 66 but I was puzzled also because of the stitch regulator. I figured it had been converted to electric too. You all are a great help!!! Now to clean her up! Help!
    Thanks a lot!
    I also own a singer featherweight which was my grandmothers machine she purchased in 1954 which I love. Used to sew all my clothes with her!!
    Annaj

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I learned something new too...because I couldn't figure out that stitch regulator! Thanks Rain!

It is a 1925 66, and for $5.00, you got one heck of a deal!! Enjoy!
    I was confused also by the add on stitch regulator. Yes, we do see and learn something new every day.
    Sweet Caroline

That looks like a #303 Revco Reverse Attachment. They were available for the Singer models
    66, 27, 127, & 128 to make it sew backward and forward as an upgrade.

CD in Oklahoma
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast