My "new" Improved Family

Old 08-19-2012, 06:41 PM

I've been told that the attachment on the right in the last picture is caller a "corder box attachment", and the next three are tuckers. I still have no idea how they would work. Considering that the patent date is civil war era, it is unlikely something still in use today. Still I am really curious to find out more.

Kim
Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
I've been told that the attachment on the right in the last picture is caller a "corder box attachment", and the next three are tuckers. I still have no idea how they would work. Considering that the patent date is civil war era, it is unlikely something still in use today. Still I am really curious to find out more.

Kim
Kim; Tuckers are essentially pleaters/rufflers. They are still in use today and make wonderful pleats/tucks.
Chris
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
I'd appreciate any information on these unknown attachments. I'd also be willing to trade some of them, especially the parts to other machines.
Pic #1
Top: Quilting guide attachment (will attach to a foot that has a screw on the back of it, similar to the one in your puzzle box, but not a round hole, a flat section at the back instead). I have one here, and can post pics later, I have to go out shortly, so can’t do it at the moment.
2nd row: Ruffler, Under braider foot (Singer’s term), hemmer foot
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] row, these are all Hemmer feet. They look like they’ll all attach to the same foot as the quilt guide.

Pic #2
Beside the bobbin – I recognize it, but can’t place it, it looks like part of an accessory. I’ll think on it further.
The hemmer foot next to it doesn’t belong to this machine, it attaches from the bottom of the foot, not the side.
The 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] piece looks like part of the bobbin winder mechanism…
4[SUP]th[/SUP], I’d have thought that was a clasp for clothing if I saw it on its own, I’m not sure.
All of the bottom ones are needle plates.

Pic #3
Not sure on the 2 outside ones, again, they’re a little familiar, but I’m drawing a blank.
The inside 3 are tuckers, I believe.

You also might find your attachments by poking around here:
The smithsonian institute's digital collection:
http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...ring%20Company
Old 04-26-2014, 08:53 PM

Skyangel, I am interested in hearing more about your parlor cabinet as I think this is the same cabinet I just brought home. Although, your cabinet is lovely and mine is a bit of a wreck. I am most interested in lifting the machine to see it fully and remove it from the cabinet. What is this "keeper piece"? I have tried to left the machine-it won't budge. Tonight I read the button on the left front should be pressed but if there is something else I need to move I've love to get an idea of what and where to find it.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:12 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! What an absolutely GORGEOUS cabinet AND machine!!!!!!!!!!!!