Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Morse/Toyota/Visi-o-matic pics

My new Morse/Toyota/Visi-o-matic pics

Hi All

I have been bursting all day, trying to find the time to upload and edit the pics of my new baby! This machine has been listed and re-listed on Kijiji for the last month at least - I kept looking at it, it kept coming down in price....so yesterday I finally called and we went to look at it.

Hubby lifted her up out of the cabinet and went huh!! ...she is stamped Toyota in 3 different places underneath even though her plate says "Arrow Automatic" and her manual calls her a Visi-o-matic. The cabinet has been abused but the machine has not, she is almost pristine and she came with all her accessories - cams, feet, bobbins, etc. All that was missing out of the kit are the screwdrivers, oil can and something called an embroidery spring. She needs a new belt and a new bulb for the dashboard light - yup, her dashboard lights up!!!
    I am anticipating that she will sew like a dream from what I have read about these machines.

Here she is - no name yet, the lady we bought her from ($40.00) was Berta - but I don't think she is a Berta but I might call her "Birdie" because of the bird logo on the dial - hubby and I are avid birders so that would be appropriate LOL

#1 The crochet mat to the far right was a bonus - a really cute hotpad with little crochet flowers that was used as a pin holder/needlebook
    #2 The instruction "manuel" is written in 'Engrish" quote: "make automatic sewing by each of the sew-discs"
    #3 That illustration pretty well dates the machine - everything was "o-matic" in the 50's and 60's
    #4 pattern chart for the sew discs - nothing too exciting, all a variation of zig zag
    #5 all the feet - is the one in the middle a "hopping foot"? -called a button sewing foot in the manuel :-)
    #6 - little door where the cams go, and the built in pin cushion!

can't wait to get the new belt and get her going!

Cheers!
    Joann
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Great machine!

The image of a woman lounging on the couch and smoking really cracked me up. Looks like a '50's sketch. I guess the machine does all the work so you have time to put your feet up? I've never seen funky design cams like those before. Have Fun!

This is too cool!! Can I come over and play? LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up!

Blog Entries
    Nice Joann! Birdie is a pretty bird!! LOL

The middle foot that you asked about...is it spring loaded? If so, I'd call it a hopping or darning foot....if not, then it's designed to hold the button down by it's edges so it can be sewn on with a zigzag stitch and length set at "0".
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Birdie suits well!!! I think you are going to have a good time playing with that machine in days to come.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Sure! anytime!...I wonder if there are any more cams available for this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda m View Post
    This is too cool!! Can I come over and play? LOL

I know - me too! LOL - reminds me of an old magazine I have with a pic of a woman lying on the floor hugging her new Hoover vacuum (that hubby bought her for Christmas) - that one just about kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    The image of a woman lounging on the couch and smoking really cracked me up. Looks like a '50's sketch. I guess the machine does all the work so you have time to put your feet up? I've never seen funky design cams like those before. Have Fun!

well....I guess that is what the missing embroidery spring was for - it must have slipped over the foot to turn it into a darning foot - too bad, but I guess the spring got away somewhere. I have other darning feet that will work.

...I think she is a pretty good consolation prize after loosing the Capitol (which I have since realized was a Brother Super-streamliner) at the auction last Saturday :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Nice Joann! Birdie is a pretty bird!! LOL

The middle foot that you asked about...is it spring loaded? If so, I'd call it a hopping or darning foot....if not, then it's designed to hold the button down by it's edges so it can be sewn on with a zigzag stitch and length set at "0".

Very nice score. Best of all she came with a manual.
    Sweet Caroline

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast