Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My son got me a featherweight !

What a neat surprise! Hope he got a great deal for you!

If you don't "need" a featherweight case or tote...I found a generic case by case logic at a local thrift store for $2. Works great for my machine that came with "nothing" except the power cord and foot pedal. I found a set of attachments in the original box for $14 with shipping on E-bay.
    "Find Joy in the Journey"
    U..U, =^..^=, =^..^=

Blog Entries
    A wonderful son! They do tend to listen once in a while. LOL
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

I have also ordered bobbings from april1930s.com and found the service very quick.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    My son got me a featherweight from an eBay auction. I guess he's heard me talk about one so much! It doesn't have a case or any accessories. It hasn't arrived yet, so I'm hoping it works and he didn't get ripped off. My question is, what sort of accessories came with a featherweight or are available for one that I should be looking for ? Also , I'm going to be looking for a case. Thanks!
    sew classic.com has all the accessories you will need. I get all my supplies from them and have had great service.
    There are sites that have reproduction cases for about $40...do not have the site names but just google it.
    Have fun, I have two and use them at quilt camp and classes.

I only use basic foot on mine. And, even though mine came with a case, it now lives in my Tutto bag, very mobile, lots of pockets. Super user friendly to take to classes and monthly sit and sew.

What a wonderful gift and such a sweet son. Enjoy it when it arrives!

Wow, what a loving and kind hearted son! That is just the nicest! Enjoy!

You have a wonderful son to go to the time and expense of finding you a featherweight for Christmas! I have to agree with the others about the case. Since you will more than likely want to display the small machine to show off to others what a great son you have, the case isn't that big of a deal. The older ones really do have a distinct odor due to the glue that was used to make them. I have one of those totes with wheels so I can keep an extra pair of scissors, thread, etc and just put in the machine and go. It turns out my button hole maker and zig/zag attachments from my 15-91 work with the FW. So figure out what attachments that you will use - you can no on-line and find the manual for free and then visit thrift stores from time to time. But I would recommend you oil it up first. If you are used to the machines made today they don't require any oiling. I found that the previous owners of mine were fairly good at oiling, but failed to clean the lint from the feed dogs.

They are such hearty little machines so I hope enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    be sure to post a photo when it arrives

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast