Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mysterious holes in Singer 24 cabinet

Mysterious holes in Singer 24 cabinet

today I picked up a very nice 15-30, with Tiffany decals, in a Singer 24(per Ismacs) cabinet. This machine is electric, however the cabinet has treadle belt holes on the right hand side of the top. Also, there are some holes on the left inside of the base, and in the right side of the cabinet itself.
    Could this cabinet have had a treadle mechanism in it? per Ismacs this is not a listed combination of treadle cabinet.
    I will attempt to attach a photo however the quality is poor because I don't have the good camera. I took this photo on a plastic 'where's waldo' camera, if you can believe it!
    OOPS forget the image. It put a big waldo in the middle of the image lol
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

I have a #24 cabinet with a Singer 15-30 in it. This cabinet is a 'natural born' treadle, not born again.
    Yours very well may have been a treadle originally.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by makitmama View Post
    today I picked up a very nice 15-30, with Tiffany decals, in a Singer 24(per Ismacs) cabinet. This machine is electric, however the cabinet has treadle belt holes on the right hand side of the top. Also, there are some holes on the left inside of the base, and in the right side of the cabinet itself.
    Could this cabinet have had a treadle mechanism in it? per Ismacs this is not a listed combination of treadle cabinet.
    I will attempt to attach a photo however the quality is poor because I don't have the good camera. I took this photo on a plastic 'where's waldo' camera, if you can believe it!
    OOPS forget the image. It put a big waldo in the middle of the image lol
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

thanks! do your irons have the singer logo?
    Cil

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

well, I found my exact cabinet, with treadle, on ebay. There isn't a singer logo in these irons, which is what I was curious about.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Orna...item4845109827

I am so excited about this!
    Cil

That's a gorgeous cabinet. Makes me wonder if it's not been refinished / repainted. For it's age, it's too clean and pristine.
    I've also read it's called a parlor cabinet.

I'd have to put a really nice machine in that one.

Joe

thanks, Joe. I love the cabinet, and to have someone with your experience say the same thing makes me so happy. Mine is almost black- with beautiful tiger oak showing when I wiped it with a rag. No loose veneer, and rock solid.
    And my 15-30 will be so pretty in it! I will post pix when I am done.
    Cil