Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: National Two Spools CAN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    I have an original Eldredge Two Spools manual that I found in another cabinet. Someday I will find the sewing machine to go with it. What size thread spool fits in the can/case? I am going to assume that the spools were the small wooden ones. Is that the reason I am saving all of my old wooden spools?
    Yes, save those old wooden spools. The larger ones don't fit. It's a matter of just testing what fits in.
    The Two Spools were designed with a thread winder so that if you were left with one spool of thread, some of that thread could be wound around the empty spool.

I purchase the huge spools of thread that I place on a cone/thread holder. When my spool runs out, I just wind a new spool of that thread color that I'm using.

This is a dream machine for me. Never heard or have seen either brand before and not likely to encounter them in the Antipodes I should think. What a treasure!

Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    Well now, I thought that I had all the sewing machines that I "needed" but this makes me realize that I absolutely need one of these ASAP. I think that the thread companies would make more money if we all used these machines 'cause we couldn't use the big cones then, could we? Those spools go for a lot more per yard of thread than the cones. Or am I not understanding something about the use of the spools in the can part?
    I think you are right. The thread would have to be purchased on the correct size spool, otherwise you would have to wind thread onto the right size spool, and that would mean a special spool winder. LOL

yeah I would love that, someone need to event on for quilting

I don't just want one of these, i NEED it. DH says I am the neediest person ever. Just wait until he hears bout my new need!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
    I think you are right. The thread would have to be purchased on the correct size spool, otherwise you would have to wind thread onto the right size spool, and that would mean a special spool winder. LOL
    The spool winder is "built onto" the machine... You can see it in the pic of the whole machine. That's how I ended up doing this with the wood spools for other machines:
    Project Rewind: back to the 60s - Reuse your wooden spools!
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

I may have just happened into one of these bad boys in an oak parlour cabinet.

Note to self: Want one!

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    Wow, interesting I have never seen this.

Me either, what kind I'd machines are they used on?
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    Me either, what kind I'd machines are they used on?
    The bobbin can like that is used only on the Elderidge two spools sewing machine - that is it no other machine was made that way. I found one and Glenn bought it from me. The engineering and metal work on those old machines is a whole lot better than the newer stuff available today and they won't fail if properly cared for.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3