Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Necchi 3204fb- my first Necchi, would like info

Necchi 3204fb- my first Necchi, would like info

Hi, I'm a huge vintage Kenmore fan, but I've just brached out to Necchi's. Yesterday I found a 3204fb at a garage sale for $25! I thought it was a pretty good deal. Plus, I'm getting it for my 8 year old daughter, so the more basic the features, the better.
    I had fun last night, cleaning it (scraping out the wrong/frozen up grease) and oiling it. The upper and bobbin tensions had to be balanced too. That was a blast, finally getting that right. =) (I am such a sewing machine geek! You know, like an arm chair mechanic!)
    Anyway, I'd love to know more about this machine. It has all metal gears and a cast iron body. When/where was it made? What's the going rate on these right now? I've seen them listed anywhere from fifty to three hundred.
    (How do you post pics on this forum? )

Hi Sewstrait
    Congratulations on an exciting purchase.
    If you join the Necchi Yahoo group, you'll get all the info you're after there
    Personally I'm not familiar with Necchi's by a number, most people seem to refer to them by their model name.
    Eg. I have a Supernova Automatica... Other models are the Necchi BU, Supernova Ultra, Lydia, Lycia, Mirella etc.
    Cheers,
    Amelia

Looks like that Necchi might have been made in China or Thailand. One sold recently on eBay, with all the attachments and manual, for $45.

The Necchi Yahoo group mainly focuses on the older Necchis that were made in Italy.

It should be a good machine for your daughter to learn on.

I purchased a Necci/Elna in 1964. It was made around 1922. It was made in Italy. Thats when Necci and Elna were together. Don't know when they separated. Don't remember the model # was, but it was a straight stich workhorse. Sold it on a garage sale for $10 after I decided I needed a lightweight machine. Dumb, dumb mistatke!!!