Necchi

Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
I was just looking at one of these locally. Does anyone know if it is easy to find the cams and it does use standard 15 bobbins correct? You are right, I don't need it but they are so nifty looking and I love that round needle plate.
It's easy to find the cams/accessories, they come up on the auction sites all the time, but they never go cheap. Most people pay more for the fiddly bits than they do for the machine. Yes 15 class bobbins though some say the vintage Necchi bobbins are better.

Cari
Old 07-18-2015, 06:00 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
It's easy to find the cams/accessories, they come up on the auction sites all the time, but they never go cheap. Most people pay more for the fiddly bits than they do for the machine. Yes 15 class bobbins though some say the vintage Necchi bobbins are better.

Cari

Thanks Cari. I always find it amazing that often a machine can be bought for small money than the "fiddly bits" but I suppose that is because those bits often get lost or separated from the machine and are therefore more rare/harder to find. I have been lusting after a Necchi but seriously don't need one. Yeah, need ... there's that ever present threatening word.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Banned

It amazes me how often the fiddly bits get separated from their machine. Especially in the desk cabinets. I have 4 desks and found all kinds of sewing and non sewing stuff in them but only one had the fiddly bits for the machine in the drawers.

Cari
Old 07-19-2015, 05:42 AM

I know exactly what you mean. My boyfriend doesn't quite get why I'm so adamant about things like keeping all the rotary tool bits IN the rotary tool box, the tent poles IN the tent's storage bag, etc. It's because 'just put out of the way for now' so often turns into 'damn it, where did it go!' - and I really like my stuff to work!