Need help finding price

Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Bev

I'll be having a garage sale next Sat. and am going to try to sell my Kenmore Ultra-Stitch 12, model 15952. The thing is that I don't know what price to put on it. I have gone through the internet but haven't found what I need. There are lots of mention of it, but none for sale or any hint at pricing. It was purchased in 1981, and was my only machine until I got my Janome about five or six years ago. It's in beautiful condition, and very well cared for so I don't think I have to just give it away. I was thinking about forty dollars asking price. Can anyone give me an idea if that sounds like a ballpark figure? TIA. ;)

P.S. It has a lot of feet, all tools, and manual.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:44 AM

sounds like a reasonable price ... I think I paid around 500 for my Kenmore but mine is a little older and had 24 stitches
Old 06-05-2011, 10:19 AM

Sounds to me like it's more than reasonable. You might want to display it so that a person could try it out if they wanted. Be sure to put a piece of fabric under the presser foot. You could even lay a couple of FQ nearby for interest.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by eastermarie
Sounds to me like it's more than reasonable. You might want to display it so that a person could try it out if they wanted. Be sure to put a piece of fabric under the presser foot. You could even lay a couple of FQ nearby for interest.
Good idea - you might even have some stitched fabric under the presser foot to show that it's working.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by eastermarie
Good idea - you might even have some stitched fabric under the presser foot to show that it's working.
Yeah, I have done that and also oiled it and polished it. It's so pretty, I'm kinda sad at selling it but my new quilting room doesn't have the space for three sewing machines as well as everything else. Y'all know what I mean. I hope I can find a loving home for it.

:cry: